Most of us have seen a towing vehicle pulling another vehicle on the road. However, we don’t think about it too much. Some people may be kind of cautious after seeing this scene. However, after a while, they are back on the road without caring too much.
We also think about whether this towing is safe or not. We asked our customers about the most common questions they have in mind when they see towing and towed vehicles and the answers were:
• Are all the connections intact?
• Is the driver of the towing vehicle professional?
• How is the towed vehicle managed?
• What are the precautions taken to avoid any problems?
This guide should explain more about our towing services.
• Providing Optimal Security for Towing:
Before towing your vehicle, we think about the following points.
1. We have various towing vehicles because every vehicle has a different weight. If you’re going to tow a vehicle, you need to be aware of how much your vehicle can tow. Every vehicle has a different towing capacity ranging from hundreds of pounds to thousands.
Check the manufacturer’s specifications to figure out the towing capacity of your vehicle.
2. We use different ways to tow your vehicle.
• The simplest way is the use of a flatbed trailer by hooking the trailer if it is in a good shape. We check the tires of the trailer first because trailers are not used often and the tires usually do not have the optimal air pressure.
• The second way is the use of the tow dolly or tow bar if the trailer is not good enough or if we can’t access it.
• Other professional methods are used if these two don’t work.
3. Notice that your trailer requires a good brake system, turn signals, and lighting kits to be able to communicate with the towing vehicle. People on the road must be aware of when you’re going to slow down. This is also required for legal considerations.
Electric brakes and surge brakes are used in most cases. Reflectors are also useful.
•How to Drive While Towing a Vehicle:
Once we make sure that everything is totally secured, we start driving. If you’ve never towed a vehicle in your life, it is essential to try to reach an open space and work some things out. Skills like applying steady, slowing down, backing up, and turning need to be practiced several times first.
If you have to drive immediately, drive as careful as possible until everything becomes settled.